TERN Mentoring Inc.
Effective _June 2022___
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
- What Personally Identifiable Information We collect.
In order to use some features of the Website, You must first complete the registration process. During registration, You are required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not limited to the information described below. This information will periodically be used by Us to contact You.We collect Your
contact information, including Your name, address, phone number and email
gender and other demographic information
We retain Your history of
sites visited or inquired about
We do not collect Your credit card information, but rather use a third-party service called Stripe to process all payments.
Ternmentoring.com Website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through website access logs TERN Mentoring does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to Our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movement, and gather broad aggregate demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to Us. For that reason, We never collect or maintain information at Our Website from those We actually know are under 18, nor do We allow registration of users under the age of 18.
- How We use Personally Identifiable Information. We take Your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, We agree that We will only use the information You provide for the following specific purposes:To effectuate a registration made by You;
To customize the advertising and content You see;
To fulfill Your requests for services;
To improve the content and overall look and feel of Our Website and services;
To conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and third parties, when necessary;
To contact You about Site news, updates and changes to this policy, to enable You to retrieve Your password, if necessary, and to bill You for services We perform for You.
- Disclosure of Personal Identifiable Information.
We do not share Your Personally Identifiable Information with persons outside TERN Mentoring, except (i) when We are required to do so by reason of a government requirement or court order, or (ii) if You do not pay Your bill and We must pursue legal means in order obtain legal remedies for Your default, or (iii) for routine internal operations such as accounting, in which case Our accounting firm may have access to a portion of Your Personal Identifiable Information. We do not share Your Protected Health Information with persons outside TERN Mentoring unless We are required to do so by reason of a government requirement or court order. We have no control over Our data and telephone service providers. So, while We do not intentionally share Your Personally Identifiable Information or Protected Health Information with these service providers, We cannot know if those providers are able to intercept Our communications of that information. For that reason, we keep all such electronic communications to a minimum.
We agree that We will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute Your Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties, except to provide products or services You’ve requested through Us, or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by You or on Your behalf.
From time to time, We may employ the use of return email addresses to answer the email We receive from You. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
From time to time, We may use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design Our Website and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates. For example, We may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on Our Website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out Our registration form, but We would not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
Finally, We agree that We will never use or share the Personally Identifiable Information provided to Us by You in any way that violates or is otherwise unrelated to the means described in this agreement, without also providing You an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
- The reasonable safeguards We use to secure Your information. We collect Your contact information and Your credit card information using standard electronic channels. The electronic channels We use to collect Your information may include email and telephone channels. The information We collect is stored in both paper and electronic records within Our office. We do not remove Your information from Our office. The paper files are kept under lock and key. The electronic information is stored on servers managed by third-party service providers We believe to be trustworthy. Internally to TERN Mentoring, We use a secure network and whenever possible We transmit data only over a secure network to reduce risk of disruption or interception of information.
- Chat Rooms, Message Boards. If You participate in a TERN Mentoring message forum, or posts messages to a TERN Mentoring message board, You should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside TERN Mentoring, who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual TERN Mentoring chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant’s expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of TERN Mentoring.
- Scope of this Agreement; Third Party Websites. Although this agreement applies to the entirety of information obtained by You for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by TERN Mentoring, it does not apply to entities that are not owned or controlled by Us. This Website contains links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that TERN Mentoring does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage You to be aware when You leave Our Site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information on third-party websites.
- Opt-In Policy. By providing Your email, You are opting in to receive monthly newsletters, confirmation emails and other useful information from Us. To unsubscribe from Our mailings (except important content update information, session reminders and feedback emails, billing and payment, and upcoming events that You have signed up for), You may message Us via Our “Contact Us” chat function which directly links to Our email.
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. TERN Mentoring will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, TERN Mentoring shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of TERN Mentoring including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of TERN Mentoring staff and/or third parties.