TERN creates a great mentorship experience through its ease of use, structure, support, and enthusiastic and committed community. As a Benefit Corporation it creates even more in its philanthropy and positive long-term societal impact.
- The National Bureau of Economic Research found that students who sign up for a mentor are 14% more likely to stay in college and 13% more likely to graduate college after four years.
- According to Millennial Branding, 57% of students wish their schools offered more networking opportunities.
- This valuable and engaging opportunity gives students a competitive edge post-graduation, increases their job placement opportunities, and enables students to expand their professional networks.
- We pair students with an alumnus or professional in their field of interest who can offer them career advice, networking skills, or a possible career path to follow.
- Mentoring relationships focus on connecting you and your goals with opportunities to succeed.
- TERN Mentoring provides a clear and finite mentorship program. Many times, people overthink mentorship. The relationship does not have to be formal, however, it needs to be clear.
- Make an impact, hear from a TERN Mentee. "The mentorship program was a unique opportunity for me to step outside of my comfort zone and receive real-world advice. I learned relevant real-world skills and knowledge in the finite mentorship program." – Nico
- By preparing young people for college and careers, mentoring helps develop the future workplace talent pipeline.
- Students who have a mentor are more likely to stay in school, attend college, volunteer, hold positions of leadership and become mentors themselves. -David Shapiro, CEO of MENTOR
- When you share your knowledge and advice with someone, you can learn a lot about yourself in the process.
Interested in increasing your impact?
- Learn more at www.ternmentoring,com
- Register as a Mentor or Mentee at app.ternmentoring.com.
- Make a donation to support a student or as a gift to a peer or current (or recent) grad of JMU.
- Join Our Advisory Board or Student Council by visiting our website, www.ternmentoring,com.